Today we will be reviewing DoubleClick for Advertisers, a very effective and efficient digital ad management platform for the marketers and agencies. We have been using DoubleClick for a while already and found it to be a very user-friendly multi-functional solution for the advertisers to manage the marketing campaigns from the beginning to the end. We will go ahead and list few of the most critical features of DoubleClick that are being utilized by us on a daily basis.
1. Trafficking. Trafficking is considered as one of the most time-consuming tasks for the online advertiser where a number of ads need to be uploaded into the system for tracking purposes. DoubleClick resolves this by offering a very user-friendly interface that was designed and built based on the feedbacks from the clients to allow the marketers to quickly create tracking pixels for a wide myriad of ads. It saves time and allows the online marketers to focus on other important tasks rather than concentrating on performing routine manipulations over and over again.
2. Tracking website’s performance. DoubleClick offers a Floodlight tag feature that is used to track and report on the number of conversions on the website. The marketer determines which page is the order confirmation page and the 1×1 pixel tag fires off when the page loads and it gets recorded as a conversion in DoubleClick.
3. Verification of clicks reported by publishers via exploring data reports. It is essential to conduct a validity check of the clicks reported by the publisher especially if the advertiser pays based on the cost-per-click basis. DoubleClick allows the marketer to do so. By looking at the number of clicks reported by DoubleClick and the clicks reported by the publisher the marketer will be able to tell if the company is being charged fairly by the publisher.
4. Optimization. DoubleClick tracks the effectiveness of the campaigns and helps to make effective business decisions based on the data collected and analyzed.
5. Reporting. DoubleClick stores the data in the system and provides integrated reporting on the performance of the marketing campaigns. The marketer has an ability to build and view graphically-driven reports within the DoubleClick Analytics environment. The interface makes it easy to view the picture at the advertiser level as well as drill down at the campaign, placement and creative levels. The reports can be viewed by geography, time periods, browser’s type, connection speed and operating system. More importantly, the data is updated every three hours which means that the marketer gets an up-to-date information on the campaigns’ performance. These visualized reports are available within ‘DFA Reports’ section. There is also a ‘Report Central’ option that is available within DFA Analytics which allows to build customized raw data reports. We think that the data analysts would be very interested in this part of DoubleClick since it gives an ability to pull the data that you need, send to Excel or other preferable type of the file, download immediately or schedule reports to be emailed on a regular basis. The reports can be generated at the highest level of hierarchy or at a very specific granular level.
Of course, there are other features offered by DoubleClick such as attribution, video campaign management and others and they will certainly be discussed in the future posts.